Sankofa and Afina unitised
17 Nov 2020 - Upstream Costs and Technology | Headline Analysis

The government of Ghana has unitised Springfield E&P's Afina field and Eni's Sankofa field located offshore Ghana.

As previously reported, the Government of Ghana declared that the Afina-1x Cenomanian reservoir and the Sankofa Cenomanian reservoir are "one and the same". The Unitisation Agreement of Afina and Sankofa was requested by the Minister of Energy, Hon. John-Peter Amewu, in a letter sent to both operators in early April 2020. The Sankofa field lies in Eni's Offshore Cape Three Points (OCTP) Block, in which the operator has a 44.44% interest. Production from the field started in 2017 via the FPSO John Agyekum Kufuor. The Afina discovery was made by Springfield in 2019 in the West Cape Three Points Block 2 (WCTP2). Springfield has informed that, under the terms of the unitised field, Springfield holds 54.5% of the combined field while Eni holds the remaining 45.5%.

Related Articles