Shell Vito update
29 Jul 2021 - Upstream Costs and Technology | Headline Analysis
Image not found
Kelvin SamKelvin SamPrincipal Research Analyst

Sembcorp Marine has announced progress in the construction of Shell's Vito semi platform in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.

Prior to the final integration and commissioning phase of the project, the contractor is scheduled to perform the mega lift of an FPU single topside module during the second half of 2021.

The FPU will be situated in a water depth of 4,049 ft (1,234 m) at Mississippi Canyon Block 984. The Vito field comprises Mississippi Canyon blocks 939, 940, 941, and 984. The development is expected to begin production during the second half of 2022. Shell operates with 63.1% interest, while Equinor holds the remaining 36.9% working interest.

Related Articles